Respected representation for your most personal challenges
There are few things in life more personal, emotional and complicated than issues regarding families. The attorneys of Kuder, Smollar, Friedman & Mihalik have been helping clients in the District of Columbia and surrounding counties in Maryland and Virginia find the best path forward through difficult and highly stressful times.
We appreciate what is at stake for all parties when family matters become legal ones. We work extremely hard to find solutions that are respectful of the interests of those involved, and give our clients the wherewithal to get on with the next phase of their lives.
Depth of knowledge and experience in all areas of family law
The attorneys of Kuder, Smollar, Friedman & Mihalik provide extensive family services in the practice areas of—
• Family law and divorce
• Child custody and support
• Enforcement and modifications of court orders
• Property settlement agreements
• Pension, profit-sharing, and retirement
• Prenuptial, postnuptial, and co-habitation agreements
• Collaborative family law
• Mediation and arbitration
• Wills, trusts, and estates
Whether you need guidance on the future disposition of your assets, seek to protect those interests in a separation or divorce, or are making sure your children are properly supported emotionally and financially, we can help.
Recognized by peers, groundbreakers in the profession
Kuder, Smollar, Friedman & Mihalik attorneys are active in bar committees, and the firm includes members of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
We are proud of the recognition our attorneys have achieved in the service of our clients, as acknowledged by their peers—
• Susan M. Friedman, Armin U. Kuder, Theresa M. Mihalik, and Paul R. Smollar were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®.
• Theresa M. Mihalik and Susan M. Friedman have recently been recognized as two of the top fifty female lawyers in the area by Super Lawyers®.
• Armin U. Kuder and Paul R. Smollar have also been recognized by Super Lawyers® on their top 100 lawyers list.
We are also proud of the fact that our firm has earned distinction as leaders in the development and practice of collaborative family law. This is an alternative dispute resolution method that allows parties to resolve difficult issues through a constructive team approach and avoids the costs—and much of the heated conflict—involved in litigation.
While we believe private settlement of many family law matters is preferable to going to court, we will powerfully advocate and fight for our clients’ interests should litigation become the means for settling differences.
1350 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036